Engineer, BID – ICT, SOC, DC, DR / Fast Telco Subsidiary of Ooredoo Kuwait - #97936
Ooredoo Group of Companies
Ooredoo is an organisation on the move. Thanks to our dedicated employees, we continue to move closer towards our vision to be among the top 20 telecommunications companies in the world by 2020.
We are a dynamic global telecommunications player operating in 17 countries across the Middle East, North Africa (MENA) and Asia. We cover a population of more than half a billion people and serve more than 68 million customers.
In Kuwait, we employ approximately 1,000 talented people, all of whom are driving Ooredoo to be the number one choice for world-class communications services in Kuwait. In the face of intensifying competition, increasingly sophisticated technology and rising customer expectations, nothing is more important to our success than our team – and it's a team that you can be part of.
Ooredoo's future is bright, and you can be part of our ongoing success.The Role
To be part growing Bidding Team and to prepare Technical proposals. Review and study all tender, RFP Technical documents and provide the technical write up, Diagrams, solutions and BOQsKey Accountabilities and Activities
- Review and study all tender Technical documents to ensure that all data required for pricing are available.
- Send inquiries to clients, consultants, suppliers and sub-contractors.
- Prepare a tender technical brief.
- Attend tender site visit and prepare report.
- Attend pre & post contract interviews and clients meetings.
- Prepare technical queries such as, details, missing technical documents pertaining to the tender.
- Contact suppliers and subcontractors for solution offer.
- Evaluate the supplier quotations against the tender requirements and make comparative analysis.
- Quantity take‐off from the drawings according to the project BOQ.
- Preparation of material and data sheet takeoff.
- Preparation of Preliminary estimation, Budget estimation.
- Prepare value engineering proposals.
- Preparation of the bid packages technical and commercial proposal.
- Attend pre & post Tenders and contract interviews, client meetings.
- Prepare final contract BOQ based on the agreed contract value and submit it to Bidding leader and meet the deadline Observe and apply strict level of confidentiality and discretion in all matters related to work performance and in providing services for the administration of departmental operations.
- Establish, maintain & revise filing and record keeping system of all documentation. Classify, sort & file correspondence and other documentation.
- Proactively take responsibility for self improvement by staying well-informed of developments, knowledge and innovations in relevant field of expertise.
- Other duties as directed by supervisor or other superiors.
BSc in Computer, Electrical Engineering, IT or Computer Science