Construction Engineer Piping/Pipeline - #88185
Primary Location: KWT-AMD-Ahmadi
Schedule: Full-time Employment Type : Employee Job Level : Experienced
Job Posting: Jun 22, 2022
Unposting Date: Sep 20, 2022 Reporting Manager Title : PE-1 :
48,000 people. 49 countries. Over 120 office locations.
We’re not just engineers. We’re a global team of data scientists, consultants, construction workers and innovators all working to create a better tomorrow. Every day, we help customers in energy, chemicals and resources get one step closer to solving our planet’s toughest issues. Climate change. The energy transition. Digital transformation. And how we can deliver a more sustainable world.
Whatever your ambition, there’s a path for you here. And there’s no barrier to your potential career success. For more information, visit Worley.comPurpose You will provide piping engineering services to Worley, and its Customers and may provide technical support and supervision within the piping team
- Promote and drive the involvement of Construction in areas of technical design, schedule, preliminary execution planning, and cost estimating
- Develop and maintain familiarity and appreciation of the capability and ongoing workload of Construction support providers/contractors.
- Develop and maintain functional responsibility for all construction and completions personnel in PMC
- Deliver piping engineering services that meet Worley, its customers, and applicable statutory and regulatory specifications, on time and within budget.
- Technical competence of piping / pipeline engineering personnel.
- piping / pipeline design integrity of works cope and maintenance of standards.
- Inter discipline communication development.
- piping / pipeline group communication development.
- Prepare mechanical man hour estimate to perform project tasks.
- Promote cost reduction and productivity enhancing initiatives.
- Identify and review new technology development which could be applicable in providing more cost effective facilities.
- Technical supervision of project designated mechanical engineers in the execution of their duty.
- Quality Assurance – Responsible for working within the provisions and guidelines of the Quality Assurance system relevant to the BU, etc
Perform piping engineering services such as:
- identify and report changes to project scope;
- assist with the preparation of proposals, estimates, budgets and schedules;
- provide assistance during procurement, construction and commissioning activities. For example, write requisitions, conduct technical bid evaluations and write purchase orders;
- contribute to appropriate studies, analyses and recommend actions;
- assist with the preparation of detailed designs and drawings, specifications, data, calculations and reports.
- Keep up-to-date with the latest developments and technical innovations in piping engineering.
- If required, assist and support junior personnel within the piping engineering team.
- Communicate effectively with the piping engineering team and project stakeholders, including the Customer.
- Identify issues and problems, develop appropriate solutions, and ask for assistance when required.
- Experience with the development of layouts for new facilities
- Experienced in the specification, evaluation and documentation of equipment.
- Work is performed in accordance with broad technical guidelines and with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and prioritisation of work to achieve them.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or HND with minimum of 16 years total experience and minimum of 6 years experience in a similar role in oil and gas major projects
- Minimum 8 years total post-graduation experience
- Minimum 5 years post-graduation experience in major oil and gas projects
- A proven track record and demonstrable success in the management of HSE in major projects.
- Effective technical and practical engineering skills and ability to consistently deliver quality, accurate and timely work to Worley and its customers.
- A good working knowledge of the fundamental requirements of piping engineering, and the basic requirements of other engineering fields.
- A good working knowledge of applicable local and international standards and statutory and regulatory specifications.
- Competent use of piping engineering specific software and relevant software such as MS Office Suite.
- Engineering experience in the same or similar industry, and developing leadership skills.
- Some job site or factory experience.
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.