K-12 Instructional Coach - #8772
American United School of Kuwait
Contract Length:2 years
Number of Vacancies:1
- Licensed Teacher
- Education Required: Master
- Minimum Teaching Experience: 3 years of teaching experience
- Major: Education
- Master degree in Education.
- Teaching/instructional coaching certification is essential.
- Prior classroom experience.
- This position is required to teach at least one course.
- Travel allowance: Annual home leave (summer break) cash allowance (equivalent of return economy class airfare to point-of-origin for employee and eligible dependents residing in Kuwait)
- Furnished accommodation: allocation based upon family size and availability, AUS provides utilities and transportation to and from work
- A list of other benefits will be provided during the interview.
The role of an Instructional Coach is to build educator capacity and their understanding of instructional practices as related to Common Core, Math and Data Driven Instruction. The Instructional Coach is a learner who models continuous improvement, lifelong learning, and goes beyond to ensure student success. Moreover, the Instructional Coach will promote reflection, provide guidance and structure where needed, and focus on strengths, collaboration and common issues of concern. This position is responsible for ensuring high-quality instruction in classrooms through modeling, co-planning, co-teaching and providing feedback to educators. The Instructional Coach will demonstrate and model a passion for leadership.
Assists the Teaching and Learning Support Team to foster professional learning communities using data teams, classroom walk-through, peer observation, and action research. Also, assists educators in developing, testing, and implementing research based instructional strategies that will increase student achievement. Use, analyze, and reflect on formative assessment data to improve teaching and learning.
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.