Technical Assistant - Aviation Workshop/Hanger - #50965
Australian College of Kuwait
1. Carry out all directions of the Senior Manager- Aviation Training, with regard to student practical activities in the workshop/ hangar.
2. Assist with daily operations of workshop/ hangar in general on a full time basis.
3. To assist in the smooth running of the workshop/ hangar, with regards to its logistical needs in material preparation, storage and ordering of materials.
4. To ensure that health and safety procedure is practiced and enforced and reported to the workshop/ hangar supervisor in this regard.
5. Ensure that the workshop/ hangar are organized and prepared for the following day’s requirements, i.e. work is stored properly, equipment is left in a safe condition etc.
6. Assist and maintain an inventory of all tools and equipment.
7. Assist in the upkeep of registers and log books as required by OH&S.
8. Record, issue and receive tools from/ to students.
9. Prepare raw materials for student projects (cutting to rough size).
10. Assist instructors during practical classes/ assessments.
11. Carry out minor repairs and routine maintenance, under supervision of the workshop supervisor, on tools & equipment to comply with OH&S so that is it is safe to sue and is in proper operating condition.
12. Liaise with instructors to ensure 100% availability of tools and consumables during all classes.
13. Design and fabricate equipment and teaching aids where appropriate with the assistance of instructors.
14. Oversee cleaning of the workshop facility on a daily basis.
15. Follow the College rules and regulations.
16. Responsible for providing quality support towards workshop/ hangar activities.
17. Perform any other practical/ theoretical training related duties, as required by the Senior Manager- Aviation Training.
- Bachelor degree / Diploma in Engineering.
- 5 years experience in a technical environment.
- A commitment to maintain high standards of workplace occupational health and safety.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills in the English language.
- Ability to maintain stock and equipment inventories.
- Basic maintenance and servicing experience of tools and equipment.