Phlebotomist - #31599
Dasman Diabetes Institute
City: Kuwait City, Al Asimah
Contract type: Full time
This position responsible for taking blood sample from “patient/research participant” and preparing patients/research participant to have their blood taken and drawing blood safely.
- Using technical equipment to safety and draw blood sample from patients / research participants.
- Explaining the process of drawing blood clearly to a patient / research participant.
- Reassuring and calming patients / research participant who might be nervous or scared of the procedure.
- Applying dressing to the wound created by drawing blood.
- Registering the blood and storing it in the correct environment.
- Sending blood sample to laboratory (biobank).
- Keeping track of blood samples and results that are returned after testing.
- Updating patients/research participant records
- Maintaining an organized and clean work area based on health and safety regulations and the guidelines of the institution.
- Answering patient questions regarding collection techniques and offering additional resources on the collection process, if the patients/ research participant request upon.
- Proper labeling of specimens, completion of requisitions and all other needed information
- Prepare specimens and requisition forms, including packaging fo the specimens into biohazard bags for transporting to laboratories
- Provide instruction and specimen containers to patients
- Willing to collect samples within DDI and from collaborative institutions within Kuwait
- Implements Ministry of Health rules and regulation, Accreditation Canada International standards related to phlebotomy as directed
- Performance all other additional assignment as requested by the Manager and Head of Department.
Required Skills and Expertise:
- Minimum 3 years’ previous experience as phlebotomist
- Excellent communication
- Technical Skills (phlebotomy/venipuncture), finger stick capillary blood sampling, arterial extractions.
- First Aid Skills
- Computer experience required – Microsoft word and excel