Specialist Purchasing & Logistics l Phono Subsidiary of Ooredoo Kuwait - #24220
Ooredoo is an organization on the move. Thanks to our dedicated employees, we continue to move closer towards our vision to be among the top 20 telecommunications companies in the world by 2020.
We are a dynamic global telecommunications player operating in 17 countries across the Middle East, North Africa (MENA) and Asia. We cover a population of more than half a billion people and serve more than 68 million customers.
In Kuwait, we employ approximately 1,000 talented people, all of whom are driving Ooredoo to be the number one choice for world-class communications services in Kuwait. In the face of intensifying competition, increasingly sophisticated technology and rising customer expectations, nothing is more important to our success than our team – and it's a team that you can be part of.
Ooredoo's future is bright, and you can be part of our ongoing success.
Responsible for identifying and locating key suppliers of goods and services for the organization at the best value regarding price and quality. Main duties entail negotiating the company's purchasing agreements e.g. terms with suppliers such as price, quality of goods, deadlines, expectations, etc. and making sure their materials and products meet the company's specifications. In addition to following the set procedures in order to achieve the Procurement Department’s objectives. main duties include locating key suppliers
Key Accountabilities and Activities:
- Oversees the company's sourcing capabilities and supply chain and are responsible for finding and evaluating suppliers, products and services, negotiating contracts and acquiring the most cost-efficient deals without compromising on quality.
- Sourcing, Locating and selecting business partners vendors based on set criteria and find the most appropriate suppliers at the best cost to develop a competitive advantage
- Conduct research pertaining to alternative cost effective methods, as well as new suppliers/vendors in order to assist in keeping the procurement, logistics and other operational expenses within set budgets.
- Gather & Prepare documents like quotes, proposals and purchase terms and conditions from suppliers for review.
- Ensure timely availability of supplies and materials to meet business requirements.
- Coordinate with the legal team to execute vendor contracts in compliance with the company policies & procedures, legal and commercial requirements.
- Develop and maintain durable relationships with suppliers in order to facilitate procurement transactions, which meet the company objectives in contingent circumstances, maintaining high levels of service to the end user
- Coordinate with other departments to understand purchasing requirement of supplies/goods, develop the sourcing strategy and obtain approvals related to the purchasing requests by the Procurement Manager.
- Processes purchase requisitions and prepare purchase orders efficiently and effectively to ensure meeting the end user specifications and requirements
Maintain and document inventory and budget tracking records, in addition to the ordering / re-ordering records.
- Build relations through confidence and judgment with positively influencing change and innovation.
- Understand the team and collaborates with others to achieve objectives; proactively seek clarification when needed.
- Demonstrate awareness of workloads, offer help team members and take on additional tasks when appropriate.
- Share knowledge and expertise with colleagues.
- Attend regular team meetings, events and ensure the preparation/delivery of requested reports.
- Answer any questions or address concerns the supplier has as they are the supplier’s main point of contact.
- Work in accordance with the guide lines set by Ooredoo & Phono policies.
- Stay up to date on industry trends and new products.
- Perform any other roles and duties as directed by the line manager.
- Bachelor degree in Supply Chain Management, or Business Administration or a similar discipline from a recognized institution.
- Certified Supply Chain Professional (CSCP) certification is an added value.
- Certified Purchasing Professional (CPP) certification is an added value.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in a relevant field.
- Fluent in English & Arabic; written and spoken.
- Good MS Office Skills.
- Computer literate with an analytical and inquiring approach.
- Problem solving and Decision making skills.
- Good Planning and Budgetary skills, understand price points and be able to negotiate effectively.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills to determine the company’s product needs and to create constructive relationships with vendors.
- Ability to plan, delegate and evaluate progress toward goals is necessary for managing these projects.
Note: you will be required to attach the following:
1. Resume / cv