Fire & Safety Technician - #12505
Tamdeen Mall Management
City: As Sālimīyah, Hawalli
Contract type: Full time
As a Fire & Safety Technician, you will be expected to:
- Assist in the proper maintenance and operation of fire / safety equipment such as fire extinguishers, alarm systems, fire hoses, sprinklers and elevators.
- Inspect and test fire protection and / or detection systems to verify that such as systems are installed in accordance with appropriate laws, codes, ordinances, regulations and standards.
- Troubleshoot and / or arrange for the repair or replacement of defective fire / safety equipment.
- Assist in inspecting the property facilities for compliance with pertinent life / safety and fire-safety standards as mandated by the government ordinances.
- Respond to all mechanical, electrical and structural systems emergencies to assess fire / safety or life-safety threats.
- Maintain the operation of emergency generators and report problems to appropriate personnel.
- Replace faulty smoke detectors and report any problems to appropriate personnel.
- Assist with the monthly inspection of fire extinguishers.
- Complete clock time change twice a year to accommodate daylight savings time.
- Disables and re-enable fire panels as directed.
- Perform any other tasks assigned to him by the Chief Engineer.
- EDUCATION: High school with a Fire / Safety certificate
- PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE: 3 years of experience in fire protection and / or detection systems
- COMPUTER SKILLS: Nil
- LANGUAGE SKILLS: Good in English – Basic Arabic
- OTHERS: Flexible and team player, able to work on own initiative, 6 days a week in 8-hour rotational shifts
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.