Traffic Management Supervisor - #11766
City: Al Manqaf, Al Aḩmadī
Contract type: Full time
Job Summary: The Traffic Management Supervisor supervises work activities of Traffic Management personnel engaged in movement of WRM pre-positioned cargo via land, air, and sea. Responsible for training, establishing and maintaining effective shipment planning functions, loading/unloading trucks, containers, military aircraft and military vessels. Monitors operations of Cargo Movement Operating System (CMOS), Global Air Transportation Execution System (GATES), Global Transportation Network (GTN) and web based tracking systems to ensure In-transit Visibility (ITV) within the Defense Transportation System. Ensures compliance with Performance Work Statement (PWS) and ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management System (QMS).
- Schedules work priorities based on day to day Traffic Management Operations, Logistics Readiness Cell (LRC) Taskers, Executive Coordination Agency (ECA) Taskers, Primary Contracting Office (PCO) and Administrative Contracting Office (ACO) Taskers.
- Reviews transportation documentation for accuracy, hazardous materials certification, and technical data.
- Inventories, accepts, inspects, processes and documents cargo offered for transportation.
- Physically inspects cargo for proper packaging, marking and labeling.
- Ensures hazardous materials are properly labeled, packaged, inspected and certified.
- Provides training and supervision for personnel using automated computer systems and programs to process freight, (CMOS, GATES, IBS).
- Prepares and handles cargo in accordance with all prescribed regulations, instructions, technical orders and procedures.
- Prepares and submits all required shipping documents. Assigns Transportation Control Numbers (TCN’s) to cargo. Maintains a TCN log.
- Loads/unloads all 463L pallets, containers and trucks.
- Uses CMOS to process and document all freight. Perform CMOS System Administrator duties.
- Inventories and inspects all incoming freight for damage prior to acceptance. Initiates and completes SF 361, Transportation Discrepancy Report (DISREP) as required.
- Loads/unloads aircraft and applies/removes cargo tie-down restraint devices at the request of the Loadmaster.
- Processes passengers for air transportation, handle baggage, load/offload aircraft. Completes security checks of passengers and baggage.
- Operates MHE, wide body loaders and cranes.
- Safely transports and handles explosives.
- Performs Port Handling and Inland Transportation (PHIT) duties as Work Monitor designated representative. Perform quality inspections of subcontractor.
- Develops work standards for subordinates.
- Identifies training deficiencies and Conducts On-the-job Training as required.
- Implements, documents and controls quality, training, environment and safety programs.
- Maintains publications, forms and files required for freight traffic operations. Compiles data and submits reports as required.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Works in normal office and maintenance shop or warehouse environment and may be required to work outdoors for extended periods.
- Must be proficient in the use of personal computers and Windows Operating System and Microsoft Office to include as a minimum Power Point, Excel and Word programs.
- May be required to operate material handling equipment.Must be familiar with software programs relating to Traffic Management Operations.
- Must possess a valid home country driver’s license and ability to obtain host nation driver’s license.
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Minimum of three years experience in Traffic Management (TM) or Associate Degree in related field required.
- Work experience in freight acceptance, preparation, processing, inspection, documentation and handling procedures is required.
- Must be able to successfully complete training to prepare, certify and/or inspect Hazardous Materials for Air Transportation IAW AFJMAN 24-204 upon selection.
- Must be eligible to obtain and maintain a US Secret Security Clearance.
- Will be required to wear proper Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) according to prescribed procedures and as required for task being performed.
- Physically capable of performing all required duties; capable of lifting/pushing/pulling minimum of 50 lbs.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally.
- Experienced in palletizing cargo on single, multiple/ married 463L pallets using side and top nets, straps, chains and devices for restraint preferred.
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.