Driver - #11375
City: Şabāḩ as Sālim, Mubārak al Kabīr
Contract type: Full time
This role will support the operations department in the delivery of inventory to client locations and various ad hoc activities as required.
- Ensure the timely delivery of inventory as per the delivery schedule provided to avoid any delays and ensure customer satisfaction.
- Load and off load inventory from the delivery vehicle to the customer location with care in order to avoid damage.
- Adhere to the specified delivery routes.
- Maintain an up to date understanding of the current road network across the country of operations in order to anticipate any possible delays to the routes and avoid late deliveries due to navigation.
- Maintain an up to date understanding of the current traffic laws and violations in the country of operation and adhere to them consistently in order to minimize any traffic violations and avoid expenses to the company or delays to orders.
- Ensure that the delivery vehicle is handled with care in order to avoid unnecessary maintenance i.e. maintenance that does not arise as per the normal intended use of the vehicle.
- Review delivery documentation to ensure that the inventory that is delivered is as per the invoice and directives provided by supply chain.
- Obtain delivery confirmations from customers and provide copies to the supply chain team.
- Maintain ongoing communications with the supervisor to provide up to date status on deliveries.
- Support the operations team where needed on various ad hoc items where they relate to normal business operations.
- Conduct vehicle safety inspections to ensure that there are no underlying safety concerns that may affect the safety of the driver, other vehicles on the road, or bystanders.
- Ensure proper safety precautions are taken at all times including while loading and off-loading items.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- At least 2 years’ experience in a similar field as a driver
- Clean driving record
- Professional and positive attitude
- Customer oriented mindset
- Strong driving skills with a proven track record
- Ability to communicate in English.
- Ability to communicate in Arabic to a reasonable degree.
- Willing and able to work on an as needs basis.
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.