Reservations Manager - #11010
Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts
A Reservations Manager is responsible for achieving occupancy targets/levels as identified in the annual budget and marketing plan for Reservations.
What will I be doing (in average percent of time):
- Managing and maintaining group and transient inventory controls.
- Daily review and implementation of room accommodation and rate inventory controls in
- OnQ PMS and OnQ R&I. Includes weekly implementation of roll-in controls.
- Work with Reservations to ensure effective and efficient management of group inventory daily — provide direction when needed on cut-off date extensions and additions to inventory.
- Conduct weekly meetings with Supervisors & Assitant Reservation Manager.
- Share all blackout dates in OnQ PMS with team and review monthly to determine if adjustments are needed.
- Maintain accurate demand information in OnQ PMS.
- Work with Front Office to ensure that sell-out strategies are in place, and that
- OnQ PMS and OnQ R&I are balanced daily.
- Ensure OnQ FMS and the General Ledger are balanced daily as it relates to past actual.
- Developing, monitoring and adjusting sales and pricing strategies:
- Participate in weekly revenue management meetings, to include the following as standard agenda items: review of 120-day booking window pace for group and transient, pricing strategies, marketing opportunities and competitive environment.
- Daily review of Reservation Quality Control reports, Early Departure Report, Daily Transaction reports and Overrides report. Address concerns and action plans with Revenue Team
- Advise Director of Revenue Management of marketing opportunities, particularly over need periods.
- Review and implement incentive programs in Front Office and Reservations, with particular focus on need periods.
- Review No Show and Late Cancellation reports on monthly basis
- Team Roastar and Vacation plan based on business need and demand period
- Review Rebates and take action accordingly
- Perform all functions of the Revenue Management Analyst as required.
- Train property team members on key areas of Revenue / Yield Management.
- Provide critical analysis of strategies, room statistics and demand factors:
- Conduct displacement analysis of group business, as needed, to determine impact potential business will have on RevPAR.
- Analyze group performance vs contract and forecast.
- Analyze past and present trends and make recommendations for future strategies. Forecasting:
- Participate in the training and development of the Revenue Analysts.
- Oversee the activities and development of the on-site Reservations Manager.
What are we looking for?
You must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent organization skills.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Appropriate professional appearance and demeanor.
- Ability to deliver presentations in a concise, well-organized manner.
- Proficient at statistical and competitive analysis.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Certified in the use of OnQ R&I, OnQ PMS and other related systems or an ability to quickly learn and utilize these systems.
- Strong experience or adaptable training in the use of automated systems, personal computers and software programs.
- Experienced as a Director of Front Office, Revenue Manager/DRM, or Director of Sales of a small property preferred. Related analytical experience essential.
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision “to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality” unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!