Peacock Alley (F&B) Manager - #11007
Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts
A Peacock Alley Manager will oversee and direct the seamless running of the Peacock Alley Lounge, by providing a highly efficient and effective service whilst ensuring that all financial and statutory requirements are met, and supporting the delivery of outstanding guest service. To implement delivery of the business strategy, in conjunction with the Director of F&B and Executive Chef
What will I be doing?
- Effectively oversee and direct the Peacock Alley Lounge in a smooth and operational manner.
- Manage all team members in the agreed standard of food service during shift.
- Guide and lead by example in all areas of the lounge.
- Liaise and co-operate effectively with all other associated team members in relation to all aspects of the production and service of food.
- Train and develop team members, ensuring they have the necessary skills to perform their duties.
- Promote the safe use of the Peacock Alley Lounge, its equipment and building under the Health and Safety at Work acts, Hygiene and other regulations.
- Respond to any changes in the lounge in line with the needs of the operations and the company.
- To provide a friendly, courteous and professional service at all times.
- To demonstrate a high standard of personal appearance and ensuring good personal hygiene.
- To manage team members ensuring that the correct standards and methods of service are maintained.
- To ensure the efficient flow of service and standards are constantly met during service periods.
- To positively deal with and learn from all guests complaints and comments.
- To develop a learning culture and to ensure that all team members feel valued and rewarded.
- To produce team rotas to ensure employee levels match the needs of the business.
- To manage all disciplinary and grievance issues within the department.
- To assess team members’ performance against the agreed skills and standards.
- To ensure the lounge’s operational budgets are strictly adhered to, all costs are controlled and any expenditure approved.
- To prepare the lounge budgets or re-forecast, as requested by the Director of F&B.
- To create and implement sales promotions and team incentives.
- To ensure team is well briefed on the daily responsibilities and are given constant supervision and motivation on all aspects of their work.
- To communicate and delegate activities to the team.
- To ensure all up selling opportunities are maximized within the department.
- To direct the setting up of the lounge, ensuring all necessary work is completed prior to the commencement of service.
- To be aware of all relevant suppliers and their products and order accordingly as and when necessary due to business demand.
- To ensure the standards and controls for health and safety, hygiene, risk assessments, COSHH, manual handling and produce are maintained as prescribed by legislation, the company and independent auditors.
- To manage along with the Human Resources department, the completion of all administrative documentation and mandatory training.
- To ensure that all in house control systems / audit requirements are adhered to at all times.
What are we looking for?
A Peacock Alley Manager serving Hilton brands is always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members. To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviours, skills, and values that follow:
- Management and/or supervisory Food and Beverage experience
- Able to meet financial targets
- Ability to comply with all Food and Beverage brand standards
- Ability to work under pressure
- Excellent grooming standards
- Willingness to develop team members and self
- Flexibility to respond to a range of different work situations
- You have a Kuwaiti nationality and/or have a transferable visa to work and reside in Kuwait.
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- Degree in relevant area
- Passion for delivering exceptional levels of guest service
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision “to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality” unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!