English Instructor- University Foundation Program (UFP) - #10355
(IUK) International University of Science & Technology in Kuwait
The International University of Science & Technology in Kuwait (IUK www.iuk.edu.kw) is a newly established university in Kuwait, with a new Campus located in the heart of Kuwait close to the Avenues Mall. Fully recognized by the Private Universities Council (PUC), the University offers a wide range of academic programs in three colleges: Engineering, Business Administration, and Arts. In addition to the academic programs, the IUK has established the University Foundation Program (UFP) that offers English and Maths foundation programs. The UFP programs are designed for students whose qualifications do not allow direct admission to academic degrees. Taught on campus and online, the UFP provides students with essential academic and language skills, mathematical skills, and support to progress confidently onto an undergraduate program.
IUK is looking for dynamic full-time instructors who are passionate about teaching, contributing to developing a vibrant and successful learning environment with students.
The primary role of the instructor of the English University Foundation Program at the IUK is to promote high-quality teaching of intensive English. Besides, he/she should collaborate with the UFP director and the colleagues to achieve the Program's mission, mentor junior colleagues, and teaching assistants, and support the program, unit, and the University with several administrative and academic services.
The intensive English program at the UFP consists of two levels: Level I and Level II. In addition to classes, the instructor is expected to maintain office hours, provide advisement for students and participate in curriculum development, and contribute to the university professional development activities.
A Master's degree is required in English -TESOL, applied linguistics with a TESOL or equivalent
- Teach different English foundation levels according to his/her specialty experience.
- Promote innovation in teaching by introducing new teaching methodologies and strategies.
- Engage with students in and out of the classroom.
- Mentor new colleagues and teaching assistants
- Support the mission of the UFP at the IUK by following the set curriculum and working towards achieving the program objectives and learning outcomes.
- Follow the university bylaws and regulations and promote the institutional environment.
- Commit to teaching Schedules, Office Hours, Preparation, Service, and Professional Development.
- Provide academic support to other colleagues in the department.
- Participate in the UFP's and university events and supporting collegiality.
- Support the UFP and the University in organizing seminars, international conferences, and faculty events.
- Serve in UFP Unit and university committees as needed.
- Excellent writing and interpersonal skills.
- General computer skills
- LMS skills
- Strong interpersonal and problem-solving Skills
- Strong oral and written Communication Skills
- People and time management skills
- A passion for teaching.
Expected Start Date: 9/5/2021
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
At the University:
- Wearing a mask is a must
- Temperature check on entrance
- Hand sanitization
- Master's (Preferred)
- Academic Teaching at a college or university level: 3 years (Preferred)
- Temporarily due to COVID-19
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.